For those who are unable to afford the services of a private attorney, MWLS offers direct legal advocacy in the following areas:
- Immigration: Family and victim-based petitions, DACA, Citizenship / Naturalization, and other areas as available
- Barriers to Employment: Criminal record history issues, driver's license or ID issues, and other employment issues as available
- Housing: Landlord-Tenant, Negotiating payment of delinquent taxes, Recovering excess proceeds from tax sales, and other housing related issues
- Wills and Estates: Assistance with basic Wills and Powers of Attorney
Fees: In order to maintain the financial integrity of our program, empower our clients to participate in their case responsibly and in a dignified manner, and to encourage the participation of local attorneys, we ask that every client pay a nominal fee in most situations. However, we do have an application for a fee waiver for certain individuals and household with extenuating circumstances. In order to determine a fair rate for the legal services provided, we need you to be completely honest and forthcoming about your financial situation which will be assessed from information provided on the application.
To Schedule a Consultation Appointment or get further information about our services:
Please contact us by phone or by email. We do not take walk-in appointments.
When Can I Schedule a Consultation Appointment?
- Initial 30 min. consultation appointments are generally scheduled from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Thursday and 9 am – 12 pm Friday.
- If you absolutely cannot make these times, please plan on attending our Legal Advice Clinics or contact us with an explanation of your extenuating circumstances.
What Should I Bring?
- Completed legal services application
- $25 Money Order payable to Mission Waco Legal Services, or a pre-approved fee waiver application
- Some form of photo ID (if available)
- Proof of income (pay stub or W-2 form, if available)
- Copies of Court Orders and/or Court Pleadings, if any
- Any other documents that may be relevant to your situation
* Please let us know of a need for cancellation/rescheduling at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
* Making and keeping an appointment does not guarantee legal representation or acceptance of your case.